This bookish survey was created by Jamie @ http://www.perpetualpageturner.com. I’ve wanted to participate for years, since it seems so fun. Now that I have a blog I can partake and not sit on the sidelines. Ok! that’s enough blabbering from me, let’s get into it.
Number Of Books You Read: 56
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I didn’t push any books to family or friends this year, though I am trying to get my mom to read The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel.
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
Francesca Zappia, Victoria Schwab & A.G. Howard.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
Eliza Mirk from Eliza and Her Monsters.
Molly Peskin-Suso from The Upside of Unrequited.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017? & 13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?7
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?”
– J.K. Rowling
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Mark and Cristina from Lord of Shadows
Eliyana and Ky from Unblemished
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Lucy and Anna from The Names they Gave Us.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
I don’t have crushes on fictional characters, so I’m going to change this to favorite male protagonist. My favorite male protagonist of the year is Julian from A List of Cages.
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
I didn’t discover any new bloggers this year.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
My favorite review to write was Things I’ve Should Have Known.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My favorite non-review to write was the top ten Tuesday post for my favorite authors.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I got to meet Lesley Livingston this year and got a copy of Valiant signed. I just haven’t got around to reading it.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Reaching out to comment on other blogs and having other bloggers comment back. It’s nice to be the blogging community and discuss books with others who have a shared love of reading.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
The most challenging thing about blogging for me is that, it’s a little bit scary for me to share my opinions online for others to read, but I am trying to work past it.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I don’t think I have any popular posts on my blog.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My Beauty and the Beast movie review. I’m really proud of it, not only because it’s my first movie review, I feel that I put effort into it and I’m able to learn from it to structure future reviews.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Swoonreads.com. You can submit manuscripts that others can read and they give feedback on improving your novel. It’s also free and you can read as many as you want.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did pass my goodreads goal of 53 books. I failed my blogging goal of posting more frequently, considering my last post was July and last update in May.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
I want to finish The Harry Potter series.
6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):